I’m so sorry, Rick

The whole idea of terraforming anywhere makes no sense. What would be the point of spending the energy and resources on converting a planet devoid of any rare resources or anything else we want? The moon has helium3, there will be a permanent outpost there harvesting that before mars. Making floating cities in the clouds of Venus is equally retarded. Science outpost? Yeah, maybe, but the collective effort of humanity is going to be bent towards harvesting rare minerals from the asteroid belt.
Black Science Guy had a good point about terraforming anywhere: if Earth is in such a state that humans need to live on a different planet, given all the effort terraforming would take, why wouldn't we just fix Earth first?

I think one of two things happened here:
  • The organizers finally realized what a stupid and meaningless fucking idea it is to give a presentation about building cities inside of poisonous gas clouds on a planet made of poison with a poisonous atmosphere. I deem this unlikely because the people running this are morons.
  • Pat's lazy ass never worked on a presentation for this and had to ask them to cancel it because he had nothing to say. I think this is what happened because Pat is fat and lazy and also fat.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Black Science Guy had a good point about terraforming anywhere: if Earth is in such a state that humans need to live on a different planet, given all the effort terraforming would take, why wouldn't we just fix Earth first?

Because it’s all bullshit and will never happen. It’s for stupid people like Patrick to sound smart, like they do with AI now.

It’s impossible to survive in many places on Earth and that is many millions of times easier than surviving on the most favorable planets.

The very best trained people can barely survive a year in space before their bodies basically collapse.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
1713917016889.jpeg

Jenna

If God truly loved you He'd have made you taller
You had to google that a planet right next to the sun was hot, you stupid pedophile?

Dougie, I keep having to tell you this, if you wanna fight with Jenna take it to off-topic. Don't stalk me around LitCrit derailing threads with your self-centered nonsense.

Now is there anything you'd like to say about the planet Venus or Patrick getting his panels quietly cancelled?