This website in total is less offensive than a average Howard Stern show in 1996

PeteRose

The golden age of shock radio, from when WNBC fired Stern to the "Sex For Sam" debacle, back when being as offensive as possible was the whole bit. These SSRI and aspartame-addled over-sensitive kids would sob and tremble in open-mouthed horror if you played them a week's worth of Stern shows from back in the day.
its crazy because it was on public radio. its a shame stern turned into such a liberal faggot because it hurts his legacy greatly. not even the content of the new shows, just overall what his old content was about.

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
Stern may have been edgier than this place in the 90's but how did he measure up to the Cellar Table?

hqdefault.jpg

You think Nigger Jeopardy is offensive baby boy? Trying saying that in a shirt that fits you, stupid. :image_9249:

its crazy because it was on public radio. its a shame stern turned into such a liberal faggot because it hurts his legacy greatly. not even the content of the new shows, just overall what his old content was about.

Radio was so ephemeral back then. Everything wasn't permanently recorded and saved for posterity like it is now. Sure, the station recorded the shows and people did tape it at home but it was by and large a quick temporary thing. In 1996 if Howard did a twenty minute bit with Daniel Carver and said "nigger" thirty times you either heard it at the time or you didn't, there weren't any on-demand replays available. Only regular HSS listeners even knew it happened.

I think his liberal faggot persona is as fake as his "dedicated husband and father who doesn't get enough sex at home" was. Howie had to re-invent himself as the "interviewer to the stars" and that can't work without celebrities. So he can't risk alienating those celebrities by spouting off re: his own dumb opinions, he has to go wherever the trendy woke winds take him.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Radio was so ephemeral back then. Everything wasn't permanently recorded and saved for posterity like it is now.
I wonder if this means that you needed more talent back then, or if it means that you could be mediocre. Boomers who still listen to talk radio listen to other boomers who babble on about fuck all. It's just white noise. I wonder what percentage of Stern's shows in his prime were nothing but meaningless conversation about topical events.

SNL is considered an institution, but not even 10% of their sketches were funny. The most memorable shit was like, Jim Belushi acting like a Japanese guy and certain Jeopardy sketches (usually involving Norm).

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
(((Stern))) played with the cremated remains of a stripper who he humiliated on his show who went on to kill herself. pretty sure she killed herself after some phone call to the show where he humiliated her

and of course in the Trump era this kike supported Hillary and by extension the party of radical censorship. Can't find the clip but he spoke after Trump won about how much he wanted to have her on his show before the election because he thinks he could have 'humanized' her and convince his audience to vote for her. So it's not really about the principle of censorship for him, or even Republicans broadly (at least what 'Republican' represented in the late 80s and 90s). Now it's clear to see it was really Jew vs white Christians

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Radio was so ephemeral back then. Everything wasn't permanently recorded and saved for posterity like it is now. Sure, the station recorded the shows and people did tape it at home but it was by and large a quick temporary thing. In 1996 if Howard did a twenty minute bit with Daniel Carver and said "nigger" thirty times you either heard it at the time or you didn't, there weren't any on-demand replays available. Only regular HSS listeners even knew it happened.

I think his liberal faggot persona is as fake as his "dedicated husband and father who doesn't get enough sex at home" was. Howie had to re-invent himself as the "interviewer to the stars" and that can't work without celebrities. So he can't risk alienating those celebrities by spouting off re: his own dumb opinions, he has to go wherever the trendy woke winds take him.

I just think Stern is and always has been fake.

Getting a chance to listen across the decades, he evolved in whatever way he could be successful. He pushed boundaries at a time when that kind of PR was beneficial and couldn't be bought. And despite how he's always painted it, if he didn't have Fred and Jackie, and I'll even say Robin, he'd be stuck in Hartford. His own creativity could only go so far - a leader that can direct talented people, but not a full fledged Ringmaster like a certain other legend.

So, he's a cypher, a man who chooses what he has to be to survive. The stories I have heard about him behind closed doors, he is a very empty man. Hyper-focused on his hobby of the moment, and very much into drama TV, but not a whole lot else there. He strikes me as a man who's put on an act so long that when he's away from the mic, or an audience, he shuts down completely. What an odd way to live.

They say the best way to balance a career in entertainment and a personal life is to be as much of yourself in public as you can, almost like if you don't, you'll forget who you are. I rarely do interviews, but when I do, I'm rather open about my tastes and perspectives, because to those close to me, that's how I am. It's how I stay grounded.

And I haven't forgotten about his, ahem, "trophy wife" and the rough trade rumours, but I'm not going there this time.

groomia1961

Kurt CoLAME
Wouldn’t surprise me if Stern was also gay and don’t let the beard he has fool you either. It would make the whole thing about Anthony looking up to him even less surprising. Fruit detector powers on these losers for sure.

There’s lots of speculation out there that especially if you lurk the Stern subreddit.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Wouldn’t surprise me if Stern was also gay and don’t let the beard he has fool you either. It would make the whole thing about Anthony looking up to him even less surprising. Fruit detector powers on these losers for sure.

There’s lots of speculation out there that especially if you lurk the Stern subreddit.

It really does explain Ralph, another subject that would take a long discussion.