DOUCHECHILL MOMENTS

Joe's False Teethers

Moo moo moo moo
was at a house party last week and we were playing sprinkler ping pong, basically its just a round robin of like 8 people rotating until somebody wins, 3 lives each, each loss take a shot or chug, etc.
This cute girl who was the host’s fiance’s friend was the first one out, she looks like a budget fran drescher, still decent looking. Like 5’11.
The next guy out was this manlet 5’8 meathead, an acquaintance.
Somebody yelled out “first two people out have to makeout!”
And the fucking girl without missing a beat “sure but he needs a step ladder”, it killed
Then the manlet goes “im average height, if i pushed you over i’d have to yell “timber!”
And he said timber while cupping his hands and leaning back, mimicking a lumberjack yelling.
It got dead quiet and you could hear a some “ooofs” and he tried to keep talking to act like he didnt bomb, some nonsense like “no but actually youre my type, lets play spin the bottle”. Everyone was making this face:

View attachment 176668

It was brutal.
The Chad move would have been to get the step ladder

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I highly, highly recommend The Musical Box for that. They tend to perform, beat for beat, like the original concerts, staging and costumes, all of it. Their whole "Lamb" performance is excellent, they were given access to the old Farm masters from Tony. They've mostly stuck with Gabriel era music but they've started doing early Phil, which was the best era for him anyway.
They are legitimately the best cover band, ever. The fact that they have the original props from the band as well as their official endorsement is crazy, not even to mention how accurately they portray their work.
Look, I poke at the lads, but it's been very sad seeing Phil's decline. Both of his sons are excellent musicians in their own right, and Phil can still sing... To an extent, but I guess it wears on him now. He's earned the rest.
I joke about hating Phil Collins because i’m a team Peter type of guy but it is really sad. The one thing I hate about Phil Collins is his singing and song writing - But he is a phenomenal fucking drummer. So the fact that that was taken away from him sucks.
Now, the Peter thing was always a little touchy with the boys when I sang in the band. They clearly loved him, and one of the nicest compliments Tony ever gave me was comparing me to Gabriel when I sang the first few minutes of Suppers Ready during an early rehearsal, but it always struck me that not working together is what was best for their friendship.

It's well documented how tenuous they all were during Lamb - Peter being the only writer of the lyrics while the band made the instrumentals, taking no real suggestions and also focusing on his then-pregnant wife, amongst numerous other things - so you had the band on an island and practically cut off from their "leader". That's not healthy.
But ironically it produced their best album, at least musically. Without Gabriel there and being forced to craft the music around the lyrics it really allowed the band to just jam and go crazy instrumentally, knowing that Gabriel would come in at the end and essentially lay down what he wrote on top. It was a strong departure from their earlier albums where everyone contributed. At this point Gabriel was locking himself away in one room of the haunted mansion and writing lyrics based on dreams while the others did the heavy lifting musically.

I always find it funny how well Genesis broke up. Most other bands its a nightmare legally, personally, and professionally. Peter seemed to just go “I gotta leave the band to focus on his family”, and while they may have been distressed towards their future, they accepted it and didn’t hold any grudge. Peter went on to be successfully solo, so did Phil Collins, and Genesis became bigger than it ever was with Peter.
Genesis, to most of the modern world, is Phil's band. And their biggest success was with him, that won't change now or ever. I would LOVE to hear Tony and Mike perform with Peter, but I think it's a mix of pride, and an acceptance that it's just not the right thing for them. Seriously, I had to fight like hell just to get that short melody of Suppers Ready on the tour, neither of them wanted to perform songs that long or complex anymore.
More than it being long or complex I think its just…not the same. Tony and Mike, if Phil were in good health, have no problem playing some Genesis because those three are truly the core “band”, even though Steve Hackett is legendary in his placement there. Having it just be Mike and Tony? You couldn’t have Peter there, you’d have to get Steve. And then you might as well get Phil who, again, really can’t do anything besides background vocals. Theres truly no point to a reunion unless it’s a full reunion which is basically impossible now.

Joe's False Teethers

Moo moo moo moo
They are legitimately the best cover band, ever. The fact that they have the original props from the band as well as their official endorsement is crazy, not even to mention how accurately they portray their work.

I joke about hating Phil Collins because i’m a team Peter type of guy but it is really sad. The one thing I hate about Phil Collins is his singing and song writing - But he is a phenomenal fucking drummer. So the fact that that was taken away from him sucks.

But ironically it produced their best album, at least musically. Without Gabriel there and being forced to craft the music around the lyrics it really allowed the band to just jam and go crazy instrumentally, knowing that Gabriel would come in at the end and essentially lay down what he wrote on top. It was a strong departure from their earlier albums where everyone contributed. At this point Gabriel was locking himself away in one room of the haunted mansion and writing lyrics based on dreams while the others did the heavy lifting musically.

I always find it funny how well Genesis broke up. Most other bands its a nightmare legally, personally, and professionally. Peter seemed to just go “I gotta leave the band to focus on his family”, and while they may have been distressed towards their future, they accepted it and didn’t hold any grudge. Peter went on to be successfully solo, so did Phil Collins, and Genesis became bigger than it ever was with Peter.

More than it being long or complex I think its just…not the same. Tony and Mike, if Phil were in good health, have no problem playing some Genesis because those three are truly the core “band”, even though Steve Hackett is legendary in his placement there. Having it just be Mike and Tony? You couldn’t have Peter there, you’d have to get Steve. And then you might as well get Phil who, again, really can’t do anything besides background vocals. Theres truly no point to a reunion unless it’s a full reunion which is basically impossible now.
I'm now confident that @UnPRePared is your alt

Udders

Crumbly feta is not God's Plan

I'm impressed someone so young is so well versed in Genesis. The Gabriel prog era is some of the best stuff ever written, and they were so young when doing it.

was at a house party last week and we were playing sprinkler ping pong, basically its just a round robin of like 8 people rotating until somebody wins, 3 lives each, each loss take a shot or chug, etc.
This cute girl who was the host’s fiance’s friend was the first one out, she looks like a budget fran drescher, still decent looking. Like 5’11.
And the fucking girl without missing a beat “sure but he needs a step ladder”, it killed
Then the manlet goes “im average height, if i pushed you over i’d have to yell “timber!”
And he said timber while cupping his hands and leaning back, mimicking a lumberjack yelling.
It got dead quiet and you could hear a some “ooofs” and he tried to keep talking to act like he didnt bomb, some nonsense like “no but actually youre my type, lets play spin the bottle”. Everyone was making this face:

View attachment 176668

It was brutal.

Just tossing stuff out there. I think a better response to budget Fran Dresser's jibe would be "shut up, you stupid cunt whore"

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt

View attachment 176668

It was brutal.
this is why i never want to be near normies, they will always fuck you over, over some roastie.

this is a cautionary tale.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!

When I was interviewed by Rolling Stone, he asked if I'd consider a kind of reunion run, considering I've played with, and I'm friendly personally, with Steve Hackett. I played along for the lark, but it's not a TERRIBLE idea. I just don't think Tony and Mike would play what Steve and I would want to play: Trespass through Wind and Wuthering, mainly. And I don't think Steve would want to play what he had no part in creating. But a short run with Steve and his crew, or mine? I'd consider it.

I'm now confident that @UnPRePared is your alt

Can confirm it's not true at all. He's a good lad, though. Or lass. A good gay lad/lass.

I really don’t understand how he has a nuanced opinion about Genesis when he’s barely old enough to drink. Just recently I learned that Disturb covered their Land of Confusion song and it wasn’t an original.

Ghost just covered "Jesus He Knows Me", and did a really good job. The Phil Era is honestly ripe for reinterpreting. I still think "Fading Lights" is a brilliant final track for the whole band.

I'm impressed someone so young is so well versed in Genesis. The Gabriel prog era is some of the best stuff ever written, and they were so young when doing it.

Their talent even with their first album - that they have absolutely no ownership over, either, a real travesty - is jealousy inducing. I would have killed to be that good as a teenager, even if it was basically more folk than progressive. And then you have "Trespass", which they do have ownership of, and their track "The Knife".

Say what you want about all of them, but any song writer would kill their own mother to write that kind of quality. And Peter was only 19! Anthony Philips was only 18.

Honestly, the bit they shared with me of that time period were my favorite stories to hear.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I really don’t understand how he has a nuanced opinion about Genesis when he’s barely old enough to drink. Just recently I learned that Disturb covered their Land of Confusion song and it wasn’t an original.
I love rock music. Prog Rock is sort of the pinnacle of the genre. Once you get past surface level bands like Pink Floyd, and thanks to help from some friends, I got into Yes and Genesis pre 80’s which are the best Prog bands you can get.

UnPRePared

And also, @Sue Lightning , I think "Selling England by the Pound" was really their best album. That was a full collaboration, a real band effort, while "Lamb" was two halves that happened to make a whole. A damn fine whole, I'll give you that, especially for a concept album.

But wadda I know? I'm just a simple Scotsman.

(Any of you that can Photoshop my face on Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer will get a subtle mention at my next concert... Under my breath and off mic, of course.)

UnPRePared

I love rock music. Prog Rock is sort of the pinnacle of the genre. Once you get past surface level bands like Pink Floyd, and thanks to help from some friends, I got into Yes and Genesis pre 80’s which are the best Prog bands you can get.

Look up Todmobile and their work with both Hackett and Jon Anderson live in concert. Their singer - WOW. That's no sleight to Nad Sylvan, but that bastard has range.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
And also, @Sue Lightning , I think "Selling England by the Pound" was really their best album. That was a full collaboration, a real band effort, while "Lamb" was two halves that happened to make a whole. A damn fine whole, I'll give you that, especially for a concept album.

But wadda I know? I'm just a simple Scotsman.
Thats a tough one and I wouldn’t deny it, the Lamb is just my personal favorite. When it comes to objectively best works it’s a competition between Selling England and Foxtrot - Of the two I prefer Foxtrot because it has less pop compositions (I know what I like or More Fool Me) and it being 5 songs means a lot of the potential filler is cut out…less tracks less chances to be bad, etc. And Suppers Ready is their magnum opus.

Look up Todmobile and their work with both Hackett and Jon Anderson live in concert. Their singer - WOW. That's no sleight to Nad Sylvan, but that bastard has range.
I definitely will because I never knew they worked together. It was always a treat whenever the two bands worked together. The highlight of their post Gabriel career was easily getting Bill Bruford to tour with them and do the drums for Trick of the Tail - That album is already amazing, especially for a post break up band, and having someone like that do the drums live really elevated it further.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Elaborate party drinking games are alright if you're a teenager but grown ass adults who're engaged and presumably in their late twenties (whai) doing spin-the-bottle type of shit comes across as kinda jimflorentine.jpg.
Your parents don’t play beer pong with their friends? You have lame ass parents.