MLB 2024 season

Same reason I watch competitive chess and warhammer lol. It’s super relaxing to watch.
I just like that you can be as invested and interested as you want to be but don't have to be fully engaged. You can watch super intently and try to understand the battle between the pitcher and each batter and how that changes as the game advances or situations with runners change. Or you can sit back and do other things with the game on in the background and just watch replays when something big happens. Great for summer.

Jen_Tomlinson

Everyone’s alt
I would also suggest going to a game in person too. Doesn’t even have to be MLB, minor leagues are great and even colleges play good baseball.

@NoBacon

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I just like that you can be as invested and interested as you want to be but don't have to be fully engaged. You can watch super intently and try to understand the battle between the pitcher and each batter and how that changes as the game advances or situations with runners change. Or you can sit back and do other things with the game on in the background and just watch replays when something big happens. Great for summer.
I love baseball for the exact opposite reason that I love hockey.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
I love baseball for the exact opposite reason that I love hockey.
Hockey is fantastic. I used to go to at least 6 games a year depending on if the team I root for goes into playoffs. Seeing it live was what hooked me and helped me understand it more. I didnt understand line changes and sometime you didnt even see them happen on TV so it was jarring to see a whole new group of names pop up on the screen. Seeing it live and see in the shift changes helped understand what was going on. Also playing NHL video games helped get a better grasp of how its played and learning the players on the team I like and all those foreign names across the league. It took about a year to feel familiar with the most of the sport. I say its my favorite sport that Ive never played.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Hockey is fantastic. I used to go to at least 6 games a year depending on if the team I root for goes into playoffs. Seeing it live was what hooked me and helped me understand it more. I didnt understand line changes and sometime you didnt even see them happen on TV so it was jarring to see a whole new group of names pop up on the screen. Seeing it live and see in the shift changes helped understand what was going on. Also playing NHL video games helped get a better grasp of how its played and learning the players on the team I like and all those foreign names across the league. It took about a year to feel familiar with the most of the sport. I say its my favorite sport that Ive never played.
It's a fantastic sport and the amount of talent just about every player has is unreal. Just to skate around for a few minutes gets pretty tiring and I can't imagine having to do it while trying to not leveled by a 200lb guy with tons of momentum behind him. The arenas are loud and the fans pay attention to the game more than any other fans of other sports.

It's also the only sport that I empathize with the players. Usually when I see athletes crying after a championship, I roll my eyes, but it's not like that when the Stanley Cup is over. They have very hard fought seasons and it actually shows on their faces. They deserve to shed some tears.

This commercial gets my throat all scratchy.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
It's a fantastic sport and the amount of talent just about every player has is unreal. Just to skate around for a few minutes gets pretty tiring and I can't imagine having to do it while trying to not leveled by a 200lb guy with tons of momentum behind him. The arenas are loud and the fans pay attention to the game more than any other fans of other sports.

It's also the only sport that I empathize with the players. Usually when I see athletes crying after a championship, I roll my eyes, but it's not like that when the Stanley Cup is over. They have very hard fought seasons and it actually shows on their faces. They deserve to shed some tears.

This one too.

The NHL always puts out great commercials after the cup.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock

Its the only sport where the whole “playoff beard” didnt start as superstition or as a trendy thing. They played 4 games in 5 nights in the first round back in the day and just wound up growing a true working mans beard

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Phils picked right back up from where they started last year, which is scary. This just feels like a .500 team, but they always somehow manage to win more games than they logically should. Other than our 8 hole hitter going yard they did absolutely fuck all.

IMG_7236.jpeg