Started watching Fallout (2024)

Leonard Rhomberg

Who are you gonna replace me with?
I'll take a look for a laugh but there's no way it's anything worth watching regardless of who they cast.

Has it been that long already? Proof that you can put out any old shit and enough people will eat it up because of an attached brand name.
Me and my friends got so excited for that shit since it was finally a fallout with coop and I think we played for a total of 8 hours before we ever touched it again

RoxburyRick

Notice how manic Boq is
Me and my friends got so excited for that shit since it was finally a fallout with coop and I think we played for a total of 8 hours before we ever touched it again
4 was bad enough

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
IMG_0396.jpeg

OK we're Fallout geeks up here so it's correcT the record time, sorry not sorry

The BoS are a cult that hordes technology from humanity because they think that people's obsession over it caused the end of the world. If anything they should be Asian Jews.

There were low class vaults too. 95 was a bunch of junkies they rounded up and made go cold turkey for 5 years, only to give them a bunch of drugs to see how they'd react

there you go! There were also class experiments like 114 which stuck all the richest people into tiny, cramped low class accomodation and another where they put a junkie in charge of a bunch of rich people (think that's far harbor) FO 1 & 2 the vaults are kinda straight forward (like they just put psycho in the air and everyone kills each other, shit like that) so class/race doesn't really enter into it much.

It is because of this autistic collective knowledge of the Fallout series that we absolutely refuse to watch this shit, there's no NCR in a show set in LA. Not even to do a PaneraBread TV Tuesday write more words stupid review of it. Nosireebob, we've got reports to digitize
Brotherman perhaps the NCR haven't been formed yet?

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
it all seems so contrived and lazy from a writing perspective. Michael Rappaport didn't need to be in it at all. The dyke bitch getting passed over didn't need to happen at all. It's established the black guy has wanted to be in the brotherhood since he was a kid, he should be driven to succeed, it's his lifelong goal, him pussing out and only getting the slot because some lesbo got her foot cut off makes zero sense. Again we have a male protagonist who means well but is a bit clumsy, stupid, hapless, and meek. The lesbian is just there to emasculate him.

The way the characters meet up is just so lazy. Goggins is good. They should've let that dog die but of course that would take balls and lord knows the reddit crowd won't have that.

Also is it just me or do the enclave guys look like nazis?!

Then I remember it's based on a fucking video game and it's gonna be watched by nerds who eat this horseshit up every time. I'm retarded for even watching it.

Finally, the level of violence in the show is fine given the source material. But why zoomers are so OK with such vicious, gratuitous violence but sperg out over bad words will never make sense to me.

HR@PaneraBread

Everything about us is streamlined and efficient
Brotherman perhaps the NCR haven't been formed yet?
Said it already, they're literally a constant and ubiquitous thing. The only games in which they aren't a factor are all the ones set on the east coast (3 in Washington, 4 in Boston, 76 in West Virginia although no one up here ever played 76 so it's an assumption.) Fallouts 1, 2 and NV are California and Nevada and you can't play the game without acknowledging the NCR exist. This would cover the entire timeline of the games upto 20 years before the show starts.

Even if you take the most generous story and say they were defeated by the Legion at Hover Dam and ousted from power, fine but that equates to the idea that there was never another mention of Hitler in our world after 1955. It's not like no one would mention they were in power where the show's set. It's lazy writing.

These are the same people that did Westworld, they've already said they never played the games and just want to bring this "to a wider audience" like it's some flimsy, obscure IP that no one's heard of and not a multi Game of the Year level thing that lots of people were happy with before.

We're with you up here, we want to like it but it's a worse idea than Many Saints and we're not going to watch it.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Okay, why are there Raiders and brotherhood in California. Both were nearly extinct 20 years ago. Whyyy. Whyyyyyyyy.
Because it’s a stupid tv show that only stupid faggots will watch. Someone said the vaults were connected which would defeat the purpose of the vaults, right? I’d usually get blackout drunk playing Fallout then forget most of the story so I’m a bit hazy on the plot points.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Not really. You play as someone who's never seen the world, so not knowing is probably better.
What’s the earliest one you played? 4 was the first one I played and I thought it was good without any knowledge of the world. I understand that it’s the least immersive one. New Vegas was way better though. 3 came out when I was in HS and I was way too obsessed with Halo to bother.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
What’s the earliest one you played? 4 was the first one I played and I thought it was good without any knowledge of the world. I understand that it’s the least immersive one. New Vegas was way better though. 3 came out when I was in HS and I was way too obsessed with Halo to bother.
I've played all of them including tactics and shit. I'm a fanboy homo with 0 lore retention.

Edit : this isn't true. I never played 76

Further edit : I did play 74-75 by the Connells tho.

The Talking Dead

I'm close to death! Hahahaha hooooooly shit!!
I finished it and honestly enjoyed it quite a bit up until a point. The earlier episodes where it was just focused on the smaller stories of the main characters, it worked great. When they tried to explain everything in the last episode though, it just became a mess. The character's motivations end up making no sense and there's so much shit they don't explain.

Also some of the sexual humor is so fucking cringe. The main army guy who spent his life living in barracks apparently thinks getting an erection is some kind of malfunction and the girl has to explain to him that's what's supposed to happen. Ugh.

I won't pretend there was nothing good about it though. Walton Goggins is great and they definitely created a much more convincing post apocalyptic world compared to something like the last of us, where most of the time it just looked like shitty cgi.