Started watching Fallout (2024)

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I've played all of them including tactics and shit. I'm a fanboy homo with 0 lore retention.

Edit : this isn't true. I never played 76

Further edit : I did play 74-75 by the Connells tho.
The whole concept of 76 sounded retarded. What year did the first one come out in?

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
97. I didn't play it until after New Vegas though. It's also one of those fucking "save every 2 minutes" games cuz everything is a fucking dead end of you fuck up and there's a time limit cock suckers fuck
Word, I thought it was the late 90’s. Two seems to be the consensus of hardcore fans about which one is the best but I would imagine that gaming technology wasn’t very developed by then.

Leonard Rhomberg

Who are you gonna replace me with?
4 was bad enough
4 was pretty bad but 76 was just a catastrophe especially from the online perspective. After finally getting into a game together which took forever, we would do missions and then log on the next day and the progress would just have reset.

I remember there was some dialogue tree graph for 4 and basically out of the thousands of interactions you have it all pretty much leads to the same 2 endings. They were very lazy for that one

RoxburyRick

Notice how manic Boq is
4 was pretty bad but 76 was just a catastrophe especially from the online perspective. After finally getting into a game together which took forever, we would do missions and then log on the next day and the progress would just have reset.

I remember there was some dialogue tree graph for 4 and basically out of the thousands of interactions you have it all pretty much leads to the same 2 endings. They were very lazy for that one
The whole time I played 4 I was hoping for some kind of replication of my favorite part of NV, when you finally had some good weapons and went to a new part of the map and just fucked shit up. 4 felt like it was trying to guide me the whole time it was fucking shit. I don't want to build a shanty town or help other settlements.

Leonard Rhomberg

Who are you gonna replace me with?
The whole time I played 4 I was hoping for some kind of replication of my favorite part of NV, when you finally had some good weapons and went to a new part of the map and just fucked shit up. 4 felt like it was trying to guide me the whole time it was fucking shit. I don't want to build a shanty town or help other settlements.
Yeah that’s how I felt with Skyrim when I would go back and play that. I don’t need to be treated as a disabled child and have you put an arrow directly over the chest i need to open. Make me work for it a lil bit

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
97. I didn't play it until after New Vegas though. It's also one of those fucking "save every 2 minutes" games cuz everything is a fucking dead end of you fuck up and there's a time limit cock suckers fuck
Time limit means fuck all in that game, be less libby-like or something.
Word, I thought it was the late 90’s. Two seems to be the consensus of hardcore fans about which one is the best but I would imagine that gaming technology wasn’t very developed by then.
1st one is considered the best and rightfully so (among faggots like me). 2's great but doesn't have the atmosphere of the first. NV's still the most fun to play but 1 was vurry, vurry S.P.E.C.I.A.L tehe

e5e68275509a28d9f8c10c8f5b38a0bf.jpg

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️

1st one is considered the best and rightfully so (among faggots like me). 2's great but doesn't have the atmosphere of the first. NV's still the most fun to play but 1 was vurry, vurry S.P.E.C.I.A.L tehe

e5e68275509a28d9f8c10c8f5b38a0bf.jpg
New Vegas was the only one I really enjoyed. I don’t really have the attention span for proper RPG’s. I didn’t play the first two at all though.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
I really liked it. I'm not into Fallout, I played NV when that was new for like 2 hours and played the first two in the 90s. The show made me want to go back to 3 and NV, how fucking stupid are the people in charge that these two games are not available anywhere. They could've made so much money if they were available on PSN.

HR@PaneraBread

Everything about us is streamlined and efficient
how fucking stupid are the people in charge that these two games are not available anywhere. They could've made so much money if they were available on PSN.
You mean 3 and NV? Real talk, unless you're a hardcore modder you can run that shit off a decade old work laptop. If you're meaning FO1 and 2 you can free DL them off winworld.

Edit - link https://winworldpc.com/product/fallout/10

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Unless im out of the loop, they are coming out with these shows way past the popularity of the game. Fallout 76 was 8 years ago and a total flop. They did the Halo series which once again is 10 years too late
They've always been terrible at timing these things, either rushing out terrible sequels no one wanted or waiting way too long to make ones that would be successful. The Incredibles is a good example of that. It was very popular at tge time and the logical thing would be to churn out a sequel within a couple years to ride the wave. Instead they waited like 15 years to unceremoniously drop 2. A ten-year-old who watched the first one is starting a fucking family of his own by the time the sequel came out, it's a mystifying decision.

Okay, why are there Raiders and brotherhood in California. Both were nearly extinct 20 years ago. Whyyy. Whyyyyyyyy.
Creative bankruptcy. They don't just not give a shit about the lore, they're actively hostile to it because it curtails their freedom to be as low effort as possible. Both execs and hack creatives prefer a blank canvas on which they can shit out the surface level brand recognition elements (muh vaults, muh BoS) while still being able to shoehorn in the other box-ticking necessities like their ESG.

New Vegas worked so well because the people that made it understood the established setting and built on it. They knew it would've been fucking retarded for them to base the game in California again, because the place had been civilized. So they moved the setting to a frontier where the post-apocalypse was still active, so shit like mutants and raiders running amok made sense logically. This is the last place they were all forced into, the last lawless area that's only been destabilized further because the great powers are fighting to assert their dominance over it. The question isn't if Vegas is going to be civilized, but when and by who, and how that civilization is going to look.

All in all a natural, fairly unique and relatively intelligent progression in the narrative of a post-apocalyptic setting, and one that Bethesda and now Amazon have been avoiding like the plague so they can make the same retarded, cartoonish setting over and over again.

1 is good but if you're coming from FNV and expecting a similar experience, you're going to be disappointed. It's a very streamlined game in terms of content. A lot of the depth comes from the setting, the atmosphere and character builds rather than a huge variety of branching quest options and joinable factions. If you make a 1 INT character all your dialogue options will change to reflect just how much of a drooling mongoloid you are and it's going to significantly impact your playthrough.

2 has a lot more content/options but it also has a goofier tone. Expect a lotta pop culture references. Also the game has the worst opening segment ever.

Said it already, they're literally a constant and ubiquitous thing. The only games in which they aren't a factor are all the ones set on the east coast (3 in Washington, 4 in Boston, 76 in West Virginia although no one up here ever played 76 so it's an assumption.) Fallouts 1, 2 and NV are California and Nevada and you can't play the game without acknowledging the NCR exist. This would cover the entire timeline of the games upto 20 years before the show starts.

Even if you take the most generous story and say they were defeated by the Legion at Hover Dam and ousted from power, fine but that equates to the idea that there was never another mention of Hitler in our world after 1955. It's not like no one would mention they were in power where the show's set. It's lazy writing.

These are the same people that did Westworld, they've already said they never played the games and just want to bring this "to a wider audience" like it's some flimsy, obscure IP that no one's heard of and not a multi Game of the Year level thing that lots of people were happy with before.

We're with you up here, we want to like it but it's a worse idea than Many Saints and we're not going to watch it.
Communists need to be shot, Child

HeyItsVos

Really? I thought something happens if you don’t get the water purifier thing by a certain time. Same with responding to the Super Mutant threat. Here I am running around like an asshole this whole time and I could have taken it easy.